Can I get immediate coverage for the cost of my medical treatment, missed work, and other expenses?

The short answer is that there is rarely money available right away to cover your expenses. Sometimes there is a medical payment provision available to provide some coverage of expenses upfront through the animal owner's homeowner's or renter's insurance policy.

To obtain full compensation, a claim needs to be filed with the animal owner's homeowner's insurance policy or renter's insurance policy as soon as possible. These claims can take months, sometimes even years, to fully resolve. It is important that the extent of your injuries and any long-term scarring is realized in order to ensure that you get fully compensated for your injuries. Therefore, you will likely need to use your own health insurance coverage to treat your injuries upfront.

Lord + Heinlein is Your
Powerful Legal Voice
Contact Now