How will I be compensated if I am hit by an underinsured or uninsured driver?

Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage is required by the Minnesota No-Fault Act.

If an uninsured driver injures you, your own insurance provides coverage for your bodily injury damages (such as pain, suffering, and permanent injury) through the uninsured motorist coverage portion of your own automobile insurance policy.

Similarly, if the at-fault driver's insurance policy does not provide adequate coverage to compensate you for your injuries, you can be compensated through your own underinsured motorist coverage for a shortfall in coverage.

The required minimum amount of uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage you must have under Minnesota law is $25,000 per person and $50,000 per crash, but we strongly recommend you buy at least $100,000 to $300,000, if not more, in uninsured motorist insurance. Increasing this coverage is relatively inexpensive and it ensures that you and your family are protected if an uninsured motorist injures you.

While these coveraged are not required by Minnesota law to be provided in motorcycle insurance policies you can purchase uninsured and underinsured motorist protection for your motorcycle policy, which we strongly encourage so that you ensure that you are protected.

Lord + Heinlein is Your
Powerful Legal Voice
Contact Now