What if my car is damaged, but no one was harmed?

Minnesota law does not require comprehensive insurance and collision insurance coverage. If you have comprehensive insurance, you may be covered for auto damage that results from incidents other than typical accidents. For example, you may be able to recover from your insurance company in the event your car is stolen, vandalized, damaged in a flood or fire, or by animals. Coverage is limited by the terms of your insurance contract with the insurance company. Your lender/financing company often requires this type of insurance if you have a loan or a lease on your motor vehicle.

If your vehicle was damaged in a car accident and no one was injured, you may be able to have the damage covered by the at-fault driver's insurance policy.  Often you do not need an attorney to assist you with a property damage claim where there is no personal injury present.

Lord + Heinlein is Your
Powerful Legal Voice
Contact Now