If my automobile is considered a total loss, will I be reimbursed for any of the fees I have paid the state for the ownership of my car?

Yes. According to Minnesota Statute 72A.201 subdivision 6, the insurance company that pays for the loss must also pay the following:
1. All applicable taxes;
2. Licenses fees, at least pro-rata, for the unexpired term of the replaced automobile's license;
Other fees paid incident to the transfer or evidence of ownership of the automobile, at no cost to the insured other than the deductible amount as provided in the policy.

Lord + Heinlein is Your
Powerful Legal Voice
Contact Now