Will I be able to be compensated if the at-fault driver has no or a very low amount of auto insurance?

If an uninsured driver injures you, your own insurance provides coverage for your bodily injury damages (such as pain and suffering and permanent injury) through the uninsured motorist coverage portion of your own automobile insurance policy. Similarly, if the at-fault driver's insurance policy does not provide adequate coverage to compensate you adequately for your injuries, you can be compensated through your own underinsured motorist coverage to make up the shortfall.

The required minimum amount of uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage you must have under Minnesota law is $25,000 per person and $50,000 per crash, but we strongly recommend you buy at least $100,000 to $300,000, if not more, in uninsured motorist insurance. Increasing this coverage is relatively inexpensive and it ensures that you and your family are protected if an uninsured motorist injures you.

Lord + Heinlein is Your
Powerful Legal Voice
Contact Now