What if my vehicle is a total loss?

If your vehicle is "totaled" this means one of two things:
1. The cost of repairs exceeds the value of the vehicle; or
2. The vehicle is demolished beyond repair and the only option is to replace it.
Under these circumstances the insurance company will make you an offer for your vehicle. Once you have accepted their offer, you will need to do the following:
1. Sign the title over to the insurance company and deliver it to them.
2. If there is a bank loan, the bank will inform you of the final payoff and you will need to pay it.
Turn in the rental vehicle. (You can usually get a couple of days to get your affairs in order, but you cannot procrastinate, or you will be responsible for any additional charges on a rental vehicle.)

Lord + Heinlein is Your
Powerful Legal Voice
Contact Now